Finally! Some industry media we can appreciate.

Check out this great Dan Santoro interview.  Vice has done it again!  It's interesting, fun, and insightful.  I wish all tattoo related media was of this quality.  I've got some major peeves about tattooers and their interviews.  Most of the time they read like the back of a baseball card.  The same old boring stats about how long you've been tattooing, where you have worked, ect.  I think most magazines could do away with their boring format for interviewing and move to a standardized fact sheet, thus eliminating the trite bullshit and publish more pictures.  I don't know about you, but that's what I'm after when I peruse a tattoo publication.  I'm sure it's very much the interviewers fault, but who cares.  My point is this- Dan's video is amazing.

On the same note, Marcus Kuhn's Gypsy Gentlemen is a fantastic peice of current tattoo media.  A great insight as to what tattooing is really about for those of us who really care.  Worth checking out.  Hat's off Marcus!

0 comments:

Post a Comment