The Social Network...

Long before I personally discovered Facebook or even Myspace, there was a sort of tattoo oriented social network called "Inked Nation". I hate to admit it, but I was a part of this site for a short amount of time. Not trying to justify my participation, but my m.o. was hustling tattoos and machines (sorry, but I've got bills... don't knock the hustle). Anyhow, it came up in conversation with a friend today and I was curious to see what "Inked Nation" was up to. After a quick google search, I found that it was pretty much defunct. I glanced back at my search results only to see that there is, in fact, is a social network geared towards the tattoo community called "Inked R Us".


Wow, a truly awful moniker, huh? I tried only to spend enough time on the site to have enough info (other than pukey asetetics) to trash it, but I struggled. After a bit of browsing, I stumbled upon this young chap. It's people like Jakub here that make this part of American subculture a grossly misunderstood one.

He's definitely not the worst by any means... but it's best to take the median of any caste to be their representative. You know, the dude who works at the head shop with too many eyebrow piercings. I know I'm overreacting, but isn't that what blogs are about? Bitching about somewhat ridicules topics to an unidentified audience? That's what I thought. If your opinion differs, then you can be friends with Jakub. Yep, that how you spell it. Dang.


Take a good look. This has been, and always will be fucking silly. I have my reservations about piercings anyhow, but eyebrows? Come on. It's a slippery slope. First the eyebrow, then the lip, then the bad dye job courtesy of you're girlfriend and a trip to Hot Topic. Boo, hiss.

0 comments:

Post a Comment